Rose Week: 14th - 20th October 2019
Irish Society of Autism: Community Fundraiser
Well done to our local village, teachers and especially our Transition year students during Rose Week. Our Transition year students worked so hard on Rose Week and sold rose pins, shopping bags, reflectors and teddies for Irish Society of Autism. They received tremendous support from the local community and raised a very generous €565 for the charity. They had recently attended a talk from the "Irish Society for Autism" and got a great insight into the disability and how it affects individuals with autism.
GOAL Jersey Day: 11th October 2019
We are very proud of our Transition year students who have completed their first fundraising activity for GOAL, and had a GOAL Jersey Day in the school. There was great excitement among the students as they sported their jerseys and donated to such a wonderful cause. The school raised €260 for GOAL. The transition years are looking forward to learning more about GOAL over the upcoming weeks and taking part in the GOAL Mile on Christmas morning.
GOAL take part in lifesaving work in places like Syria, South Sudan and Ethiopia
A sample of what the fundraising money can go towards:
- €10 – could support GOAL workers in Ethiopia with fuel to travel 200km to distribute supplies
- €50 – could help courageous GOAL workers in Syria supply a family with clean water for a month
- €100 – could enable a young person in Ethiopia with all they need to set up a house – a mattress, linen, stove, kettle, cooking pots and more
- €150 – could provide a street child in Ethiopia with vocational training for employment to match their needs
- €200 – could provide an entire village in Syria with 3 months of emergency supplies
Below is a group of our 1st years enjoying GOAL Jersey Day
Some of our Transition year students who organised GOAL Jersey Day
Some of our 6th years enjoying GOAL Jersey Day